EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - Public Works Maintenance Team Member
Job Title: Public Works – Maintenance Team Member
Function as a productive member of the City of Valley public works team. The Public works department oversees maintenance of City Streets and Roadways, Parks, Arboretum, Cemetery, Swimming Pool, Structures, Fleet and Equipment maintenance and repair.
- Monitor assigned areas of the City for maintenance issues and report them to the Assistant Public Works Superintendent or Public Works Superintendent if not easily correctable.
- Repair concrete pads or small asphalt irregularities on streets within the City limits.
- Mow various City properties
- Apply restricted use pesticides as scheduled or needed.
- Clear City streets and roads of ice and snow.
- Maintain irrigation systems on several City properties.
- Maintain trees on City properties.
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs on fleet vehicles and equipment as needed.
- Participate in projects regarding constructing or maintaining City structures.
- Knowledge of concrete pad replacement. (Streets and sidewalks)
- Knowledge of and ability to operate power tools.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform mechanical maintenance and repairs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with fellow employees, contractors, and the general public both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work a regular schedule, Monday through Friday, 7:00 am – 3:30 pm and On-Call every 5th week.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class B CDL
- Must possess or obtain the following non-commercial pesticide applicator licenses:
- 04 Ornamental and Turf pest control
- 07 Right of Way pest control
- 09 Public Health pest control
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Must be able to operate or be willing to learn to operate equipment including but not limited to mowers, skid loaders, mini excavators, road graders, lifts, tractors and trucks.
Starting salary is dependent on qualifications and experience, plus a benefit package which includes health, dental, vision, life and disability coverage plus employee deferred compensation plan, paid time off, and holidays. The City of Valley is an equal opportunity employer.