The City of Valley is Hiring!
The City of Valley is currently hiring for a City Administrator. Resumes will be accepted until June 1st. To apply, send completed resume to Mayor Cindy Grove at firstname.lastname@example.org or PO Box 682, Valley, NE 68064.
Valley, Nebraska (Pop. 3,037), which is located along Highway 275 between Omaha and Fremont in western Douglas County, is one of the fastest growing communities in Nebraska. The City is home to seven beautiful sand bottom lakes, three industrial manufacturing plants, and a growing school district. The City sit’s along Highway 275 providing easy access to Omaha and Fremont. Valley is a city of the second class and has a Mayor / Council form of government with four council members and a mayor elected at large.
The City of Valley is a growing community with several new housing developments and a trail system in process and a 140-acre outdoor sports complex scheduled to begin construction in 2022. The City has many planned improvements to meet the needs of its significant growth including technology upgrades, an $8 million water treatment plant expansion and significant street improvement projects.
The City Administrator serves as the chief administrative officer of the City and is responsible for the effective and efficient administration of all city services. The City Administrator is responsible for the City’s day to day operations and oversees and operating budget of close to $20 million. The overall budget for fiscal year 2022 is $26 million. The City has workforce of 15 FTE employees and several part time and seasonal employees.
Advertised salary range is $65,000 to $90,000 DOQ with excellent benefits.
- Master's degree in Public Administration with B.A. in related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of work experience in public administration, with at least two (2) years in a supervisory context, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Applicable certifications and experience may be substituted for education at the discretion of the Mayor and City Council.
- The candidate must have a strong work ethic and written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in strategic planning, personnel management, financial management, team building, economic development, capital improvement programming, tax increment financing, planning and zoning, and excellent community relations.
- Must be bondable.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Must be willing to obtain further education, training, and certifications as deemed appropriate within a time frame established by the employer.
- Coordinating and overseeing all City departments including administration, development services, utilities, streets, and parks.
- Starting salary is dependent on qualifications, plus a benefit package which includes health, dental, vision, life and disability coverage plus employee deferred compensation plan, vacation, and holidays. The City of Valley is an equal opportunity employer.