Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

City of Valley



Ajax Loading Image


► City Clerk

Can I request a public records from City Hall?

Public records, City Council resolutions and ordinances, and other information can be requested by submitting the Records and Information Request Form to the City Clerk's Office. Information will be provided in a timely manner. You will be contacted by phone when the requested information is available and there will be a charge of $.15 per page for black and white copies and $.45 per page for color copies. Information Request Form

Can I renew my driver's license and vehicle registration at City Hall?

No. These tasks must be handled by the Douglas County Treasurer's office. I have provided a link to their website below. Douglas County Treasurer's Website

Can I get a document notarized at City Hall?

Yes, we have two Notary publics who will assist you free of charge. Please stop in or call ahead to make an appointment.

►General FAQ

Who do I contact if i have a water or sewer emergency after normal business hours?

Please call PeopleService, Inc at 1-888-861-1921 if your emergency is after 5:00 p.m Monday through Friday or on the weekend.

What should I do if I see a street light that's not working?

Please call Omaha Public Power District at 1-800-554-6773 and give them the location of the malfunctioning street light. Or you can report the outage from your smartphone or computer. Visit m.oppd.com or download the OPPD app for iPhones or Androids.

What is the phone number for the Valley Post Office?

1-800-275-8777 or 402-359-2357


How do I make a donation to the library?

In order for your donation to be tax deductible, your check should be made out to the Valley Public Library Foundation Inc. You can mail your check to the Valley Public Library Foundation Inc, c/o Susan Badour, PO Box 353, Valley, NE 68064, or bring it to the library in person.

How do I make a donation to the library for a specific book or item?

In order for a donation to go toward a specific purchase, your donation must be directed to the Valley Public Library Foundation or to the Friends of the Valley Public Library. Donations made directly to the Valley Public Library cannot be earmarked for specific purchases. Donations may be made in person at the library or may be mailed to the Library, Friends of the Library, or the Foundation at PO Box 353, Valley, NE 68064.

Does the library accept book donations?

The library accepts donations of new and used books, audio book CDs, and magazines. Donations will be evaluated by the library staff to determine whether they will be added to the collection, sold at the Friends of the Library book sale, donated elsewhere or recycled. Magazines older than the most current issue will be placed in the "give away" magazine basket for patrons.

►Parks & Recreation

How do I reserve a pavilion in one of the City's parks?

It's a good idea to reserve a pavilion in one of the City's parks to ensure that you have priority for the date and time that you prefer. It also allows the public works department to make sure the area is extra clean and everything is in working order. To reserve a pavilion one of the City's parks call (402) 359-2251.

How do I report vandalism that has occurred in any of the City's parks? 

Please report any vandalism or equipment that is not in good working order to City Hall at (402) 359-2251. Our goal is to keep our facilities clean and in good working order.

How do I get a tee time at The Pines Country Club?

To check on tee time availability at the Pines Country Club, call the pro shop at (402) 359-4311 and speak with their friendly staff.

Who do I contact to purchase a membership to the Twin Rivers YMCA?

For all of your inquiries regarding the Twin Rivers YMCA, call (402) 359-9622.

Do I need a state park permit to enter Two Rivers State Recreation Area?

You will need to purchase a Nebraska State Park Permit at the entrance to Two Rivers State Recreation Area. This permit is good for a year, not only at Two Rivers, but also at any State of Nebraska recreation area.

►Planning & Zoning

Is my property in a floodplain? 

By checking the following websites, you will find out the most current floodplain information. Douglas-Omaha GIS or FEMA Flood Map Service Center

Why do I need a permit?

A permit is a way of providing reasonable controls for the design, construction, use, occupancy, and maintenance of buildings, their facilities, and various components. The permit document shows that a building project is being constructed under processes for insuring code compliance and public safety

How much do permits cost?

The minimum building permit fee is $23.50 for up to $500.00 in value for labor and material. Your own labor and used materials must be assigned a reasonable value. New homes, room additions, and garage cost are figured on a square foot basis using tables developed by the Planning Department.

►Police Department

Does the City of Valley have a curfew?

Yes, Valley does have a curfew. Minors below the age of 18 that are not accompanied by a parent or legal guardian must be off public/city property between the hours of 10:30 p.m. and 5:00 a.m. Sunday through Thursday and 12:30 a.m. until 5:00 on Fridays and Saturdays. Please see municipal code section 2-201 - 2-205 for all the details.

Will the Valley Police Department monitor my property while I'm on vacation?

Yes, Please stop by the police department and fill out a Security Check report prior to leaving and the policeman will monitor your property more closely when you are out of town for an extended period or fill out our online form - Vacation Patrol Request

Will the Valley Police Department check my child safety seat to make sure it's installed correctly?

Yes. Please contact the police department to set up an appointment and a certified safety seat installer will be glad to inspect your child safety seat for proper installation and overall safety.

►Public Works

Who do I call if there is a loose dog that is a threat to children?

Please call city hall at (402) 359-2251 and report the location and breed or color of dog and a public works employee will be dispatched to try and locate the dog and remove them from the streets.

Who should I call if I notice a street or road sign in need of repair?

Please call city hall at (402) 359-2251 and report the location and breed or color of dog and a public works employee will be dispatched to try and locate the dog and remove them from the streets.