Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

City of Valley



Ajax Loading Image



The City of Valley also requires and issues the following permits:

  • Building and zoning Permits
  • Fireworks Permit
  • Refuse Haulers Permits
  • Mobile Food Vendors (Food Trucks)

Applications for these permits can submitted online through the Citizen Portal by clicking here or can be obtained in the City office during regular business hours.


  • Tobacco License
  • Liquor License - A business wishing to sell liquor on at a retail establishment must first obtain a liquor license from the State of Nebraska. Here is a link to the State of Nebraska Liquor Commission where an application can be found.

Dog Licenses

City Ordinance requires dogs over four(4) months old to be licensed. Dog owners should get a license within 10 days of:

  • Acquiring a dog
  • Moving into the City with the dog (Within 30 days)
  • The expiration of a pet license

Dog licenses are $6.25 per year for an altered dog and $10.25 per year for an intact dog when purchased between January 1st and March 31. Senior Citizens (65 and up) need to license altered dogs only and there will not be a fee. Dog Licenses needed to be renewed annually.

If a loose dog is picked up by the City’s public works department, a $35 fee will be assessed and payable in the city offices before the dog can be picked up at the Dodge County Humane Society in Fremont. In addition to the $35 fee, the owner will be required to provide proof of a current license and rabies vaccination before the dog will be released to the owner. The license fee for the loose dog will be doubled if not current.

At this time, the City of Valley does not issue licenses for cats.

View the current Pet License application (PDF) or complete the application online here.