Construction notice for the Condron street extension that is scheduled to begin the week of September 26. Residents in the immediate area received notices at their homes as well. Please contact City Hall at 402-359-2251 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Treasurer Pay Range: $20.00- 34.00/ hour
Starting salary is dependent on qualifications, plus a benefit package which includes health, dental, vision, life and disability coverage plus employee deferred compensation plan, vacation, and holidays. The City of Valley is an equal opportunity employer.
The City Treasurer shall be the custodian of all moneys belonging to the City. Responsible for the coordination and maintenance of accounting, budget, collections, cost accounting and auditing. Participates in the formulation and execution of accounting and financial policies. Reports to the City Administrator.
• Deposit all money collected as treasurer subject to all regulations imposed by law or adopted by the City.
• Maintain an account of each fund or appropriation belonging to the City.
• Maintains all accounting software; implements upgrades as needed.
• Keep a record of all warrants paid and from which fund.
• Provide monthly and annual reports to the Mayor and City Council showing the condition of all accounts owned by the City.
• Conducts monthly reconciliation of all accounts owned by the City.
• Assist City Administrator in preparing the annual budget for City Council approval.
• Creates monthly financial reports, and others as requested by various departments, agencies, or City Council.
• Performs other duties as required.
Associates degree in related field supplemented with accounting course work or equivalent work experience will be considered. Knowledge and ability to apply GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) in daily transactions; knowledge and ability to apply policy and procedure to all accounting functions of the City. High degree of organizational skills. Computer experience is required, with good working knowledge and experience using MS Office and Excel